Spookyfest is back!
No tricks, just treats! For the most part.
It’s time to dust off those cobwebs and replace them with fake ones because Spookyfest is here once again! Have you carved your pumpkins? Lit some candles? Got enough fake fangs for all your friends? Then let’s bite into this year’s content, activities, gifts, and freebies because the list is longer than that night I spent trapped in a scary house.
The Bony Brawler skin
Become a hero with a bony edge with this free skin, ready for the taking at Minecraft Legends Marketplace! As a hero, the whole Overworld has relied on you since the game came out – but now it’s time to embrace your spooky side and strike fear into the hearts of those who dare to mess with your friends. Yes, I mean the piglins. It’s always the piglins.
Lost Legends: Creeper Clash
Speaking of piglins, they’re at it again in Creeper Clash, this month’s eerie Lost Legend. Unleash the creepers on the piglins’ portals under the light of the creeper moon and destroy them while beating the clock.
In this Lost Legend, instead of having a set amount of time to complete your mission like in previous ones, you’ll gain more time for each outpost and base that you destroy. You’ll also increase your resource cap with every piglin settlement you eliminate, so you can spawn even more creepers!
If you manage to destroy all the piglins’ settlements before the timer runs out, you’ll receive the very seasonally appropriate Spooky Swathe hero skin, which you can’t get anywhere else! So what are you waiting for? Spawn some creeper friends and unleash them on the piglins!
Minecraft Legends Skin Pack
Moving into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, this year’s Spookyfest brings a freebie that will have the OG piglins cowering in fear: the Minecraft Legends Hero skin pack! This set contains four skins inspired by Minecraft Legends’ original heroes, as well as the new, seasonal Bony Brawler. Find a trusty steed to complete the look or wear your elytra wings to really confuse the piglins.
Spookyfest Marketplace Collection
If you’ve got some Minecoins to spend and are craving some... unnerving adventures, then head on to Minecraft Marketplace! Between October 24 an 31, you can peruse a curated collection of spooky maps, mini-games, and skin packs, including The Nightmare Before Christmas by Minecraft, ZOMBIES: Classic by Spark Universe, The Backrooms and The Backrooms Party Time by Float Studios, Jukebox Head and The Enderman by Razzleberries, Mutant Survival by Syclone Studios, Doors Hotel by Builders Horizon, Scariest Map Ever by Sapphire Studios, Haunted Park by Everbloom Games, and Haunted Mansion Battle by Mythicus.
Whether you want to fight zombies or mutants, explore creepy locations, or relive classic seasonal tales, this collection will make your spooky plans extra spooky. Make sure you bring some friends along... or at least keep the lights on.
If that's not enough spooky adventures for you, the collection actually includes 180+ more pieces of content that you can discover now on Minecraft Marketplace. Just make sure to brace yourself, because the treats may be delightful, but the tricks are bone-chilling!
Spookyfest gift guide
When it comes to real-world tricks and treats, we’ve got some merch that will give you the creeps in the best way. Indulge in the fruit of the season (yes, pumpkin is a fruit!) with the LEGO Minecraft The Pumpkin Farm set or a Jack o’Lantern headpiece. Embody a variety of mobs, from the classic creeper and Enderman to even a llama! Just don’t spit at anybody – that’s a nasty trick. Maybe you'd like to face the frights as good old Steve, alongside his trusty pickaxe and sword? Or would you rather cuddle a plushie in the safety of your fright-less home? Check out these items and more on our Linktree.
Suspicious-er Stew Recipe
How did we manage to make suspicious stew even suspicious-er? By adding Suspicious Stew Pringles, of course! Or does that make it suspicious squared? Why don’t you make it, taste it, and clear up this naming conundrum once and for all? The recipe looks easy enough, and I say that as an authority on all things burnt:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 4 bowls of stew
· 1 tablespoon canola oil
· 1/2 yellow onion, diced
· 8 ounces brown and white mushrooms, sliced
· 1 carrot, diced
· 2 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1/4 cup brown lentils, rinsed
· 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
· 1 tablespoon tomato paste
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· 1 cup fresh spinach
· 1 pound (about 4) gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
· 2 tablespoons salted butter
· 1/3 cup whole milk
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 16 Suspicious Stew Pringles crisps (or another flavor of your choice)
· Spray oil
1. Place oil in a medium pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then add the onion. Sauté for 6 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms, carrots, and garlic to the pot and sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the broth, tomato paste, soy sauce, and lentils, and give a quick stir. Increase the heat to high until boiling.
4. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Test the stew, salt and pepper to taste, then add spinach and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
6. While the stew finishes cooking, make the mashed potatoes. Place the potatoes in a small pot and cover with water. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
7. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the butter, milk, and salt. Mash, combining everything together until smooth.
8. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
9. Fill four 8-ounce ramekins 3/4 of the way with stew. Fill the last ¼ with mashed potatoes.
10. Crush the Pringles into crumbs, and sprinkle them over the top of the potatoes. Spray with cooking oil.
11. Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
And that’s all the frightful content we have for you this year. We hope you have a fantastic time, whether you welcome the scares or steer clear of all things creepy. Don't forget to grab the freebies, wait for the stew to cool before you taste it (speaking from experience), and remember that the real treat was friendship all along!
- Written By
- Cristina Anderca
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!