Pillager Raids Intensify in the new Bedrock Beta
Fight back on Xbox One, Android and Windows 10!
Typical. We take our eyes off the state of the Bedrock beta for a few weeks, only to find out those hard working developers have been helping the dastardly Pillagers. Treachery! Raids have been expanded, Bad Omens fill the Overworld and Pillagers have been spotted riding Ravagers into battle. Do you have the courage (and, far more importantly, the weapons and armour) to sign up to the Bedrock beta and fight back?
On a more general note, have you tried playing a Minecraft beta before? It's where we test upcoming features of the game! To try these features, you have to play a version of Minecraft that supports betas (so that's the Windows 10, Xbox One and Android versions). You can learn how to sign up for a Minecraft beta on each version here. You can also find more help regarding this specific beta on our feedback site.
(Playing Minecraft Java and want to try upcoming features? Click here to learn more about Snapshots)
Remember, beta features can be unstable. The reason we want players to try them this early is to give us feedback and catch bugs for us to fix – so make sure to backup your worlds!
- Added more Pillager Raid features:
- Players can now trigger a raid when entering a village with the Bad Omen effect
- Players receive the Bad Omen mob effect when killing an Illager captain
- Raid states are saved and loaded between sessions
- Ravagers are sometimes ridden by Illagers when spawning in a raid
- Raids now use the "dweller component" to track raiders, even when they are unloaded
- Pillagers, Vindicators, Witches, and Ravagers spawned from a raid will move toward their village dictated from the dweller component
- Added "following" behaviour to Pillager Patrols
- Added final artwork for banners to Pillager Outposts
- Added new "/mobevent" command to enable or disable events such as Raids
- Added Raid Boss Bar UI
- This is just a placeholder, and will be changed in a future update
For a full list of changes and bug fixes, visit this page of our feedback site!. Don’t forget to give us your all-important feedback too!
Enjoy the beta!
- Written By