Minecraft Snapshot 17w50a
A Minecraft Java Edition snapshot for 1.13
It's almost time for the holidays, so this week is going to be the last week for snapshots this year. Therefore, let's cram as many snapshots as we can into this week!
Changes in 17w50a
- Added new local coordinate type in commands using ^
- Tags can now include other Tags (of the same type)
- When overriding a tag, you can choose to replace instead of append
- Things crash a little less easily than before. A little.
- Added ████████████████████ (and of course ███████████)
- Fixed bug MC-2340 - Redstone torches schedule updates when they should not, causing unreliable timings.
- Fixed bug MC-5694 - High efficiency tools / fast mining destroys some blocks client-side only
- Fixed bug MC-93468 - Water and lava flow affected by random ticks
- Fixed bug MC-120709 - Lava and water updates do not resolve completely when random ticking is disabled
- Fixed bug MC-121863 - x_rotation seems to behave like y_rotation
- Fixed bug MC-122154 - Sometimes beds take strange shapes when placed
- Fixed bug MC-122159 - Container inventory changes don't update nearby comparators
- Fixed bug MC-122317 - Game crashes when a colon is entered after a slash or another colon in commands
- Fixed bug MC-122403 - Detecting a 2 redstone tick repeater with an observer creates 2 pulses
- Fixed bug MC-122591 - OS locale is used for coordinate tab-completion
- Fixed bug MC-122791 - Double blocks break after replacing Tall Grass/Large Fern
- Fixed bug MC-122819 - Changes to the hitbox of hoppers makes them unable to pick up items
- Fixed bug MC-122899 - Falling blocks top/bottom texture change rotation as they fall
- Fixed bug MC-122927 - Cullface on the tops and bottoms of glass panes aren't triggered by other glass panes on top or below.
- Fixed bug MC-122987 - Pistons lose piston head when pushing the block which powers it
- Fixed bug MC-123001 - Custom tags can match air if they contain an invalid block name
- Fixed bug MC-123004 - Random rotation for Blocks like sand, concrete powder, grass and custom block models doesn't work properly
- Fixed bug MC-123014 - Invalid function tags prevent world from loading
- Fixed bug MC-123032 - Tags overwrite, don't append
- Fixed bug MC-123050 - The bed can be put in water, because of what it breaks and does not drop
- Fixed bug MC-123051 - Cactus can be placed under water
- Fixed bug MC-123054 - Carpets don't drop their item when pushed onto air
- Fixed bug MC-123112 - The top of walls are transparent when there is a skull above
Replace vs append
By default all tags append if another data pack created the tag. For example, if you try to override minecraft:wool you'll actually add to the list instead of replace it. If you add "replace": true to your tag definition, we will ignore the previous data pack and only your definition applies.
Referencing other tags
You can add
foo:bar in a tag value list to reference another tag called foo:bar. This can go as deep as you like, but if you end up trying to reference yourself then we will not load it.
You can only reference tags of the same type, so a block tag can't include a function tag.
When specifying coordinates in a command, you can now use ^ to specify local coordinates instead of world coordinates. The syntax is: ^left ^up ^forwards, where left/up/forwards is the amount of blocks in the specified direction.
For example, this is the block right in front of a players face: ^ ^1.62 ^1 (1.62 blocks up, where is where the camera is, and 1 block forwards)
Install the snapshot
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can't fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdow menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: