Minecraft 1.20 Pre-Release 7
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
Pre-release 7 for Minecraft 1.20 is now available in the Minecraft Launcher. This pre-release adds validation of symbolic links and fixes a bug.
To improve safety, the game will now detect symbolic links used inside world directory.For a detailed explanation, check our help article.
- If the target of a symbolic link is not on the user-configured allow-list, the game will not proceed with loading the world
- Note: world directory itself can still be linked
- The list of allowed symbolic link targets is stored in file allowed_symlinks.txt in client or server top directory
- The file consists of entries (one per line) with following formats allowed:
- Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored
- [type]pattern, where type can be glob, regex or prefix
- prefix matches start of path with given pattern (so for /test paths /test, /test/ and /test/foo.txt would match)
- regex matches regular expression against whole path
- glob uses OS-specific path matching mechanism (for example *.txt would usually match files with txt extension)
- Note: paths will use OS-specific separators
- pattern, which uses default prefix type
Fixed bug in 1.20 Pre-release 7
- MC-257778 - Bamboo Mosaic Slabs and Stairs are not in the #slabs and #stairs block and item tags
Get the Pre-release
Pre-release are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the Pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- For any feedback and suggestions on our upcoming 1.20 features, head over to the dedicated Feedback site category. If you're feeling chatty, join us over at the official Minecraft Discord.
- Written By
- Java Team
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!