Minecraft 1.16.4 Pre-Release 2
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
Time for another pre-release! This time around we've fixed some issues with the new social interactions screen, as well as some crashes.
In case you haven't heard, yesterday we announced that Mojang accounts will be migrating into Microsoft accounts. With this pre-release, we are preparing for that by having the game understand the settings and block-list of Microsoft accounts. You can read more about that over here, and you can find answers to questions you might have in the FAQ. The FAQ will be continuously updated.
We aim to release 1.16.4 sometime during next week.
Changes in 1.16.4 Pre-release 2
- When logging in with a Microsoft account, players blocked in your account are now also blocked in the game and account restrictions are now respected
- A button to open a link to the Accessibility Guide can now be found in the Accessibility Options screen
- The status of a player is now listed below their name on the Social Interactions screen
- A new tab is available to filter by Blocked players in the Social Interactions screen
- Chat from blocked players is always hidden
- Realms invites from blocked players are hidden
Fixed bugs in 1.16.4 Pre-release 2
- MC-202150 - Slider bar on social menu appears broken
- MC-202147 - Cursor in Social Interactions & Recipe Book & Anvil menu doesn’t blink
- MC-202137 - Social Interaction Screen says players for 1 player
- MC-202143 - Social Interactions search bar does not stay selected when switching tabs, although the cursor remains
- MC-202145 - Opening the Social Interactions menu in a singleplayer world open to LAN after attempting to join an outdated multiplayer server displays the name of the outdated server instead of the name of the current world
- MC-202156 - Social Interactions search box entries can go out of the box
- MC-202155 - Outdated server warn text doesn’t actually exist
- MC-202136 - Social Interaction Toast icon doesn’t render properly with Programmer Art resource pack
- MC-201885 - Divide by zero error in the Ender dragon entity class can cause a server crash and infinite velocity
Get the pre-release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Written By
- Adrian Östergård