GOT QUESTIONS ABOUT MINECOINS?
Frequently asked questions about Minecoins and the Marketplace
WHAT ARE MINECOINS?
Minecoins are an in-game currency you can use to buy Skins, Texture Packs, Worlds, and more from the Minecraft Marketplace.
WHAT PLATFORMS DO MINECOIN AND MARKETPLACE CONTENT CODES WORK ON?
Minecoins and Marketplace content are available on Android, iOS (iPhone and iPad), Amazon Kindle Fire, Amazon Kindle Fire TV, Oculus, Windows, Windows Mobile, and Xbox.
I HAVE A PROBLEM REDEEMING MY CODE, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If your prepaid code isn’t working, or if you see an error message or error code when you try to redeem it, visit the prepaid code troubleshooting article.
I REDEEMED A CONTENT CODE BUT CAN’T FIND MY CONTENT?
You’ll need to open the in-game Marketplace “Store”, click on the button next to your account name to see your inventory. Your content will be listed in your list. Click the icon of the content and download the piece of content onto your device.
DO I NEED AN XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT?
Yes, we use Xbox Live to allow your Minecoins and your Marketplace content to be available to you on any supported platform.
HOW DO I CHANGE THE SIGNED IN XBOX ACCOUNT?
Depending on what platform you are using, there are different ways to change the Xbox account you are using to sign in.
To change the Xbox account you are using in Minecraft on Windows you first need to launch the Xbox App.
- Close Minecraft
- Go to the Start menu and search for "Xbox"
- Launch the Xbox App
- Go to "Settings" and select "Sign out"
- Follow instructions to Sign in with the correct account
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide
- Select the GamerPic of the correct account you want to switch to
- If the account is not listed you can add it by clicking "Add new"
Nintendo Switch, VR, Tablets and Mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, FireTV, and Oculus)
- Launch Minecraft
- Choose "Settings" from the main menu
- Select the "Profile" tab
- Choose "Sign out of your Microsoft Account"
- Return to Main screen and choose "Sign in with a Microsoft Account" and follow instructions from there
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT ACCOUNT I USE FOR MINECRAFT?
When logged in to Minecraft you will see your Gamertag on the title screen and at the top of the Marketplace.