Minecraft Snapshot 18w10d
A Minecraft Java Edition snapshot
Every day is a snapshot day if you try hard enough. We're travelling to GDC soon so we're going to try to push out as many snapshots this week as we can.
Changes in 18w10a
- Added buried treasure
- Added tropical fish
- Added underwater ambience sounds
- Added ability to put markers on maps
- Added coral plants
- Changed phantom model and texture
- Changes to phantom behaviour
- Changed coral texture
- Underwater visibility now changes per biome
Changes in 18w10b
- Added dead coral for each coral variant
- Added a non-dyed shulker box (and made the purple shulker box purple)
- Added more underwater ambience sounds
- Added tropical fish sounds
Changes in 18w10c
- Phantoms are now considered undead
- New water physics! Kinda.
Changes in 18w10d
- Allow more blocks to have water in them
- Water no longer goes through solid faces
- Coral now generates naturally
- Big optimization to how clouds are rendered
- Phantoms now burn in sunlight
- You can now undye shulker boxes in a cauldron
Oops, we spilled a bit.
- You can place water in the following blocks: stairs, slabs, fences, walls, iron bars, glass panes, chests, trap doors, ladders, signs
- Water can flow out these blocks, but can not flow into them
- When full of water, they will count as water blocks for all gameplay (such as swimming)
- This isn't final and more blocks may contain water in the future
- Water will not flow through solid faces (such as backs of stairs)
- We have removed the blocks flowing_water and flowing_lava
- We have removed the block tags water_hacked and waterlogged
- All of the above blocks now have a state waterlogged
- Blocks such as bubble column or kelp will always count as a water source
We found this cool stuff! Let's hide it.
- Can be found... somewhere?
- Maps found in Underwater Ruins can lead you to them
- Will contain a very cool treasure... which isn't added yet
We found nemo! And all his friends!
- They come in many colours!
- They come in many patterns!
- Like other fish, you can catch them up in a bucket
- You can find them in warm and lukewarm oceans
You are here. Or there. I'm not sure, it's somewhere here.
- Right click on a banner with a map to add it to the map
- Right click on the same banner again to remove it
- That map will show the colour of the banner at that spot
- Named banners will show their name on the map too
- If a banner is destroyed, it'll disappear when you get close and are holding the map
"Less derpy" - Jeb
- Now despawn during the day
- No longer spawn in The End
- They have a new model! And texture! Pretty neat.
Fixed bugs in 18w10d
- MC-126912 - Flowing water can create source blocks
- MC-126914 - Sponge deletes waterlogged blocks
- MC-126920 - Water does not flow down blocks properly
- MC-126927 - Waterlogged water goes through Stairs
- MC-126936 - Fishing bobber sinking as soon as it is cast
- MC-126944 - Boats sink in water
Get the snapshot
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Launch Options" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
- Skrivet av
- Nathan Adams
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!