The Wild Update Out Today on Bedrock
1.19 arrives on Minecraft: Bedrock Edition
Did you hear that? Listen closely. It’s the sound of complete silence. I am reporting from the deepest, darkest depth of the deep dark. It’s not because I got over excited because The Wild Update has officially launched and ran head first down here. I’m a professional! This was very much planned. But if you could just do me the favour and use your very best library voice, we can talk about all the new features that have arrived. Like frogs, and their tiny tadpoles. Or the allay, and its helpful spirit. And the mangrove swamps, filled with the towering trees and large roots. Oooh, and the boats with chests! Don’t even get me started on the mud blocks, because I have grandiose plans for them. You know what? How about you go explore on your own while I get my sneakiest face on. I’m about to take a very, very stealthy walk on the wild side. *shriek* Uh-oh.
Highlights from this release!
- Tread carefully in the deep dark or risk waking a warden
- Climb to the top of a mangrove tree and leap through the swamps with Frogs
- Find allays to help gather items
- Added several new music tracks to enjoy during gameplay
- Fixed over 40 bugs, issues, and parity changes
Note: Players on Nintendo Switch will see this update as version 1.19.1.
- In the depths of the Overworld, you will find one of the scariest biomes in all of Minecraft. Buried underground, espeically at the bottom of mountainous regions, this area is filled with sculk blocks, ancient structures, loot chests, and one, single, solitary mob. To navigate the deep dark, you need to sneak, use Silk Touch, and above all else – don’t wake the warden!
- The only mob that spawns in the deep dark is none other than the warden. The warden will only make an appearance if its slumber is disturbed, which means that brave explorers must sneak around very quietly. Quick movements risk setting off a sculk sensor that trigger a sculk shrieker. If you have the misfortune of hearing it pierce through the silent shroud of the deep dark, it’s time to get out. Even though the warden can’t see, this doesn’t slow it down but works to its advantage. The warden can sniff out any intruders and uses vibrations to detect their exact location.
- There are five different types of sculk blocks to be found in the deep dark. If you want to mine them, you will need to stay stealthy and use Silk Touch. The sculk block is a great decorative block thanks to its atmospheric glow. The sculk sensor is a redstone block that detects vibrations, so walk carefully or use a wool block to muffle your steps. The sculk catalyst spreads sculk around it and sculk veins generate around patches of sculk that spawn from the sculk catalyst. Finally, the sculk shrieker is possibly the most dangerous block of all since it will summon the warden if you’re not careful!
Recovery Compass and Echo Shards
- The recovery compass is the solution for finding the way back to the last location you died. Loot chests in ancient cities to discover echo shards and craft one for yourself!
Mangrove Swamp Biome
- Towering trees, wide roots, small saplings, and muddy terrain make up the new mangrove swamps. Found in areas with high temperatures and high humidity, this new swamp also introduces mangrove trees and mud blocks, bringing a wide range of new materials to craft builds inspired by the beauty of the Overworld!
- Mangrove trees introduce a brand-new type of wood block to build with, the logs can be crafted into planks, stairs, buttons, slabs, fences, doors, signs, and pressure plates. You can also craft with the mangrove tree’s leaves, roots, and small saplings called propagules!
- Mud can be found all over mangrove swamps and crafted with wheat into packed mud! Use it to craft a variety of mud brick blocks including stairs, slabs, and walls. This block is also renewable by using a water bottle on dirt, so there is no risk of running out of mud. Placing Mud above a block that has pointed dripstone underneath will eventually turn the mud block into clay!
Frogs and Tadpoles
- Frogs feed on small slimes, breathe on land and in water, and lay eggs called frogspawn. The eggs will hatch and turn into tadpoles, making this the first mob that isn’t bred from a smaller version of itself! There are three different types to discover – temperate frogs, warm frogs, and cold frogs – so getting your hands on all three means that you will need to travel through the Overworld!
- These luminous blocks come in three different variants depending on which frog type produces it. If you want to light up your base with ochre, verdant, or pearlescent froglights, you will need to figure out a way to feed a frog a very small magma cube!
- The winner of the Minecraft Live 2021 Mob Vote is flying into Minecraft! Instantly recognizable by its luminous blue sheen, you won’t lose this mob once you find it. Hand it an item and it will pick up matching items it finds in the world. It loves music and will drop items if it hears a note block playing nearby. The allay spawns in pillager outposts and woodland mansions and is waiting for you to set it free!
Boat in Chest
- The Wild Update makes it possible for you to craft a boat with a chest on it, which is convenient since there are plenty of new blocks to bring back from your new adventures!
- Dropped by goats that ram into hard blocks and can be used to make a variety of sounds! Can you find all eight variants?
- Added new music by Lena Raine and Samuel Åberg
- Music Disc 5
- Unlike other discs, it can only be obtained by finding and crafting nine disc fragments together
- These disc fragments can be found rarely in ancient city chests
- Mobile players: To hear the new music, you will need to download the updated Minecraft Original Music Pack, available FREE from Marketplace
- It Spreads - Kill a mob next to a catalyst
- Birthday Song - Have an Allay drop a cake at a note block
- With Our Powers Combined! - Have all 3 froglights in your inventory
- Sneak 100 - Sneaking next to a Sculk Sensor without triggering it
- Fixed an issue causing baby Llamas to fire llama spit from above their head (MCPE-144948)
- Mirrored the Spider's left legs (MCPE-152927)
- Updated Boat item icon textures to make them consistent with Java Edition (MCPE-153353)
- Fences and Walls no longer connect to Bells and Brewing Stands (MCPE-152757)
- Fixed a bug where the Brewing Stand's arms textures did not touch the base (MCPE-152932)
- Moved the Brewing Stand's base UVs and updated the base texture
- Fixed the Brewing Stand's arms rotation
- Created a better transition between the End Portal Frame side texture and the End Stone (MCPE-152930)
- Removed unused pixels in the End Rod texture (MCPE-152929)
- Updated the Mycelium's side texture to match other dirt-based textures (MCPE-152928)
- Fixed Light Blocks being destroyable from within while underwater (MCPE-148393)
- The Wandering Trader no longer opens or closes doors (MCPE-113452)
- The Wandering Trader now randomly moves around (MCPE-45756)
- The Wandering Trader now matches Java Edition's drinking sounds (MCPE-47057)
- The Wandering Trader now has disappear/reappear sound effects when gaining/losing Invisibility
- The Wandering Trader can now be named with a Name Tag (this will not prevent it from despawning)
- Shulkers are now fire immune (MCPE-33236)
- Shulkers now remain in upright position in vehicles (MCPE-115269)
- Shulkers no longer fail to spawn when there’s another Shulker at relative negative y and x axis
SPECTATOR MODE (Experimental)
What’s Currently in Scope
Enabling and Disabling
Players can switch to and from Spectator using the Settings Menu and the '/gamemode spectator' command, if cheats are enabled. Player inventory, health, held items etc are unchanged when switching into spectator mode and then out again
- Spectators are always flying and cannot become grounded
- (For this version we will not attempt movement parity with Java edition, but may do more in this area later)
- Spectators pass through solid blocks and entities without any collisions
- Spectators can see out of solid objects
- Spectators are not affected by any in-game blocks, mobs, items, portals, or effects and cannot take damage
- Portals currently affect spectators, but this is a bug we intend to fix in the future
- Spectators cannot use items or interact with blocks or mobs (for example, they cannot attack, feed, mount, or trade with mobs)
- Spectators cannot open their inventory or interact with block UIs like chests (This is not in parity with Java yet)
- Currently spectators that die drop their inventory, this is a known issue that we want to address
- Spectators have a reduced HUD that does not show the crosshair, hotbar, XP, health, hunger or armor
Visibility and Rendering
- Spectators cannot be seen by mobs or other players except other spectators
- Spectators appear as a transparent floating head (to those who can see them). The body, arms, legs, armor and held items are not rendered.
- Currently the transparency does not work correctly for all skin selection types, this is a known issue
- When playing in first person, spectators do not see their arm or held item
- Spectators generate chunks as normal (This is not in parity with Java yet)
- Spectators don't cause mobs to spawn
Spectator Bug Fixes:
- Custom input mapping for Spectator Mode added
- Spectators are now unable to attack
- Spectators are now unable to build
- Spectators are now unable to drop items
- Spectators are now unable to use items
- Spectators are now unable to open inventory
- Spectators are now unable to interact with the world through input
- Spectators are now unable to interact with chests or other container UI
- Spectators no longer fly slowly when entering Spectator Mode from ground
- Players enter noclip and flying when enabling Spectator Mode
- Players stop riding, using items, sleeping, and gliding when entering Spectator Mode
- Double-jump no longer breaks Spectator Mode
Performance / Stability
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur during splitscreen play
- Fixed a crash that could occur when lightning hits a Lightning Rod in certain scenarios
- Fixed several crashes that could occur on some Marketplace worlds
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players are battling each other and both players are wearing Thorns enchanted Armor (MCPE-153593)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players died while affected by Wither
- Fixed a crash which could occur when trading with a Villager that last traded with a disconnected player
- Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur in Villages on iOS
- Cleaned up leftover biome/block/light memory when leaving a world
- Fixed an issue that caused Marketplace downloads to get stuck in queue (MCPE-54531)
- Fixed being unable to edit characters in the Dressing Room on Nintendo Switch (MCPE-156209)
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to take fall damage after getting into a Bed while falling (MCPE-153122)
- Fixed issue where the Invert Y Axis setting was not working correctly with touch controls
- The player can now slide from movement directions to jump and not get interrupted when jump and sneak are swapped on 'Classic’ touch controls (MCPE-151149)
- Several improvements to level chunk blending
- Mobs do not get stuck into open Trapdoors anymore (MCPE-154106)
- Fixed an issue causing the Parrot's head to always face the player while riding the player. We couldn’t handle the constant staring (MCPE-152510)
- Villagers will no longer begin sleeping while riding something near a Bed
- Illagers are now allowed to migrate to other villages and progress raids (MCPE-151310)
- Trader Llamas can now breed after being fed Hay Bales
- Trader Llamas will no longer be persistent after being unleashed from the Wandering Trader (MCPE-102302)
- Fixed a bug where End Crystal beams would point far above their target blocks
- Blocks affected by gravity now fall correctly on replaceable blocks (MCPE-152937)
- Slabs can once again be placed continuously (MCPE-151887)
- Torches can no longer be placed on Bells
- Fixed incorrect names for White Dye, Black Dye, Brown Dye, and Blue Dye (MCPE-153522)
- Fixed a bug where an undamaged tool, such as Pickaxe, when name-changed on an Anvil, would fail to work correctly when used for the first time (MCPE-152637)
- The recipes for Minecart with Chest/Hopper/TNT are now shapeless
- Fixed a bug where the Trident, Bow, Spyglass and Crossbow would not render when picked up by a Fox (MCPE-135346)
- Fixed a bug causing z-fighting to occur on bottom of player’s head while wearing a Skull (MCPE-149125)
- Each Minecart variant (Chest/Hopper/TNT) drops itself as a single item when broken, instead of splitting into two items (such as Chest and Minecart)
- Fixed an issue that caused Leads to render on top of Glass (MCPE-145764)
- Fixed a bug causing the fire animation to flicker when the player is standing in a Lava Cauldron while in Creative mode (MCPE-148999)
- Fixed an issue that could cause severe visual glitches when using emotes more than once (MCPE-155049)
- Fixed graphical corruption issues on Android devices (MCPE-155509)
- Shift-clicking items will once again combine items of same type into a stack (MCPE-153992)
- Added settings to change duration of notifications
- The "Submit Feedback" button is now described as a link by Text-To-Speech
- Added appropriate messaging when there is no internet connection on Xbox devices
- Fixed enchantment option on Pocket UI Profile not being displayed
- Fixed a bug where items could be dropped by clicking in the dark gray area of the left side of player inventory when using Furnace, Blast Furnace, Smoker, Enchant Table, Grindstone, Brewing Stand, Anvil, Beacon, and Smithing Table
- Players can now sign in with a QR code on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation consoles
- Featured Servers message text is no longer centered
- "Controller lost connection" prompt will now be shown after the world generation screen if a controller was disconnected while on that screen
- Geschrieben von
- Matt Gartzke
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!