Minecraft Snapshot 23w18a
A Minecraft Java Snapshot
In this snapshot we're bringing you an additional advancement, updates to telemetry, as well as a fix for an 11 year old bug!
- The Power of Books : Read the power signal of a Chiseled Bookshelf using a Comparator
- For ease of use, the Smithing Table no longer requires a Smithing Template to be in the template slot before placing an itemstack into the other slots
- Jukebox has been added to the Redstone Blocks creative tab
- Walking on a block will now always play a step sound
- It was previously not the case if you were walking along the edge of a block with air or fluid besides it
- Walking on the ocean floor will produce a step sound for the block you are walking on at a lower volume and pitch
- The data pack version is now 15, accounting for sign data format, item display orientation and advancement changes
- Advancement trigger changes:
- Added recipe_crafted
- Changed format of placed_block, item_used_on_block and allay_drop_item_on_block triggers
- Loot table condition/predicate changes:
- Renamed alternative to any_of
- Added all_of
- Updates to telemetry
- A new property has been added to every event: launcher_name
- The world_loaded event now has a new property: realms_map_content
- Added two new opt-in telemetry events: game_load_times and advancement_made
- All fields in placed_block, item_used_on_block and allay_drop_item_on_block have been collapsed to a single location field
- New location is similar to player field - it's a list of loot conditions/predicates
- All conditions in this list must match for a trigger to run
- Conditions are evaluated in a new loot context called advancement_location. It has access to:
- Player as this entity
- Position of placed block
- Block state of placed/interacted block
- Held/used item as "tool"
- Migration guide:
- Contents of old location field should be migrated to location_check condition
- Contents of item field should be migrated to match_tool condition
- Contents of block + state fields should be migrated to block_state_property condition
Example (from make_a_sign_glow advancement):
- Loot condition alternative has been renamed to any_of
- Added new loot condition all_of that passes only when all sub-conditions pass. It has the same syntax as any_of
This release includes a new global property sent with every event, a new property in the required WorldLoaded event, as well as two new opt-in events. The updated required events will help us troubleshoot launcher bugs more efficiently, and understand how Java Realms content is interacted with. The updated optional events will help inform game design decisions, and allow us to track and improve game load speeds.
- Added new property: launcher_name
- This is set based on the minecraft.launcher.brand system property. This will help us troubleshoot game launch related bugs more effectively, as we will be able to see whether the issue originated in the Minecraft launcher or a third-party program.
Updated required events
- Added new property: realms_map_content
- When loading into a Realms Map Content world (Minigame), the world_loaded event will receive the name of that map. This is to help us understand how Java Realms users interact with Java Realms adventure or minimap content.
- Added new property: realms_map_content
New optional events
- This event is triggered when a player completes an advancement, and allows us to see the advancement ID and the time when the advancement was completed. This helps us as a studio understand player progress and limits, which informs our game design.
- An event that is triggered when the game client is loaded and includes the time it took for the client to load. This is so that we can work on improving and reducing the time it takes to load the game client.
Fixed bugs in Snapshot 23w18a
- MC-1133 - Whether or not a player experiences some effect is calculated based on the block under the center of the player
- MC-48923 - Slime/magma cubes not affected by jump boost potion effect
- MC-257269 - Sculk sensor detects player walking between carpet and wool
- MC-261417 - The hitboxes of sniffers are not adjusted when they lay down
- MC-261952 - Clocks flicker rapidly when enchanted and in an unnatural dimension
- MC-262003 - Bundle tooltip does not show its interface
- MC-262067 - The type of sniffer digging particles that are produced is determined by the block that sniffers are located on instead of the block that sniffers are digging
- MC-262069 - Sniffers continue digging after their target block is destroyed
- MC-262104 - Rendering of FPS graph seems to be performing worse than before
- MC-262123 - Advancement titles of new advancements introduced in 23w17a are improperly capitalized
- MC-262133 - Strong lag spikes when moving above a cleared area with exposed void
- MC-262218 - Block light updates don't cross chunk borders properly in 23w17a
Get the Snapshot
Snapshot are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the Snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Geschrieben von
- Java Team
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!