Minecraft Snapshot 20w15a
A Minecraft Java Snapshot
It's a wonderful day here in Sweden today! The sun is shining and spring is in the air, and when I say "spring" I mean pollen. Let's remedy that by 1) Staying indoors and 2) Introduce an all new biome with a grain of basalt, blackstone, and magma cubes! To spice it up, we also have some new fine tunes for you to listen to while traversing the Nether. Enjoy the snapshot!
New Features in 20w15a
- Accessibility improvements
- Added a Piglin banner pattern
- Added Basalt Deltas biome to the Nether
- Added soul campfires. Warm your buns with the heat of one thousand souls!
- Added three new tracks of Nether music
- Added chiseled nether bricks, cracked nether bricks, and quartz bricks!
- Added a new set of stone blocks called Blackstone with regular, polished, and polished brick variants!
- Added Gilded Blackstone - Blackstone which has been imbued with gold and has a chance of dropping gold nuggets when broken
- Blackstone can be used to craft furnaces and stone tools
- Added "Line Spacing" chat and accessibility option
- Added "Chat Delay" accessibility option
Basalt Deltas can now be found in the Nether!
- Remnants of volcanic eruptions, this biome sports a high concentration of basalt columns and lava deltas
- Walking through, you will be surrounded by flakes of flowing white ash
- Magma Cubes finally have a place to call home, spawning very frequently
- A new block, Blackstone, can be found in large patches here
We’re happy to announce that we’ve added three new tracks for the upcoming Nether Update, all composed by the very talented Lena Raine.
- Rubedo will be played in the Nether Wastes
- Chrysopoeia will be played in Crimson Forests
- So Below will be played in Soulsand Valleys and in Basalt Deltas
Two lines from Lena about the music. More to come in a separate blog post.
- "One of the primary instruments in Minecraft is the piano, and so one of my challenges to myself was to see how far I could push the sound of the piano until it resembled other things entirely–again, that alchemical process."
- "I wanted each piece to feel like a progression of emotions, or a journey from place to place within this other world. There's a degree of beauty to the Nether, but it is also terrifying in both its details and scale."
Take a portal to the Nether, and stay awhile and listen…
Changes in 20w15a
- Dispenser changes
- Soul sand can now be used to craft soul torches
- Nether vegetation blocks (sprouts, roots, vines, fungus, wart and wart blocks) are now compostable
- Walls will now connect to more things! (like iron bars, panes and even pickles!)
- Hoes are now the appropriate tool for breaking leaves
- Mobs avoid walking on magma blocks and lit campfires
- Dispensers can now saddle pigs and horses
- Dispensers can now put horse armor on horses
- Dispensers can now put carpets on llamas
- Dispensers can now put chests on llamas, donkeys and mules
- Dispensers can now shear a Mooshroom
- Dispensers can shear snow golems
Technical Changes in 20w15a
- Tab completion for resource location will match any part after a _
- Mob and pathfinding-related optimizations
Fixed bugs in 20w15a
- MC-171463 - Iron Bars don’t fully connect to walls
- MC-172120 - Hoglins don’t try to avoid fire
- MC-172209 - Non-fire resistant mobs don’t try to avoid walking into fire
- MC-172226 - Baby animals, villagers, and zombie villagers spawned with a spawn egg on an adult entity always are of the same variant
- MC-172268 - Bartering with a piglin by right-clicking does not display hand animation
- MC-174542 - Killing baby hoglins drops leather and porkchop
- MC-174559 - Baby hoglins/zoglins uses the same attack damage as an adult when spawned in some cases
- MC-175030 - Curse of Binding doesn’t affect Piglins
- MC-175169 - Respawn Anchor can create ghost blocks when it explodes
- MC-175176 - Using return portal in The End softlocks the game if /spawnpoint was used in The End
- MC-175256 - Screen is overlayed with a grey opaque texture when inside of a transparent block
- MC-175274 - “Quartz pillar” is translated as “White wool” (“Lana blanca” instead of “Pilar de cuarzo”) in Spanish (Spain)
- MC-175356 - Piglins and hoglins do not avoid magma blocks
- MC-175538 - Fish/Swimming sounds are louder than they should be
- MC-175566 - Piglins with full inventories drop the items they received
- MC-176095 - Striders have an unused fin in the strider.png texture file
- MC-176384 - CompassItem checks twice if LodestonePos tag exists
- MC-176517 - striders spawn in underground lava pockets
- MC-176633 - Lime carpets are named “acacia slab” in Spanish (Spain)
- MC-177069 - Dispenser will not drop glowstone as item when not connected to a respawn anchor
- MC-177085 - Missing UUID field in attributes crash the game
- MC-177102 - Zoglins aren’t considered an undead mob
- MC-177225 - Tag minecraft:water used before it was bound
Get the snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Napisane przez
- Adrian Östergård