Minecraft Snapshot 20w09a
A Minecraft Java Snapshot
Today is a sad day for Obsidian... It's crying. If you're not into crying, you could always take aim at the new Target that we've added.
New Features in 20w09a
- Added the Target block!
- Added the new Crying Obsidian block. It's sad and it cries purple energy!
Changes in 20w09a
- Bartering loot has been restructured to be more appealing to survival players
- Entities now get pushed by flowing lava
- Huge Fungi will now grow only on its matching type of Nylium
- Can now place Warped/Crimson roots and fungi into pots
- Nether wart blocks can be cleared quickly using a hoe
- Warped wart blocks can be cleared quickly using a hoe
- Weeping vines are now climbable
- Biome fog color smoothly blends between biomes. Smooth!
- Changed ambient block lighting in the Nether to be on parity with other editions
Because let’s face it, your aim could use some practice.
- The closer you hit to the center, the larger the Redstone signal!
- Test your skills with a variety of projectiles, including eggs, snowballs, tridents, and more!
- You will need one hay block and four Redstone for this recipe
- Zombie Pigmen are now known as Zombiefied Piglins, and they now have ears. Well, at least one ear...
Technical Changes in 20w09a
- New particle types: dripping_obsidian_tear, falling_obsidian_tear, landing_obsidian_tear
- Piglins now have an IsImmuneToZombification data value that prevents them from zombifying in the overworld
Some blocks have been renamed. Turns out singular Fungus in the Nether attempted to falsely present itself as many Fungi – very sneaky!
- Crimson Fungi is now called Crimson Fungus
- Warped Fungi is now called Warped Fungus
Fixed bugs in 20w09a
- MC-7424 - Fall damage death messages don’t show block player fall from correctly (ladders, vines, water)
- MC-102319 - Nether portal trigger and travel sounds are not assigned to any sound category
- MC-137554 - Shearing sound is in “friendly creatures” sound category
- MC-147601 - Purpur pillar block top texture hasn’t changed to a new texture
- MC-148869 - Player can clip through the ground when exiting a minecart or a boat
- MC-166246 - Skeleton horses cannot be leashed
- MC-170273 - Diamond Swords use the wrong pallet
- MC-170274 - Pickaxe textures are inconsistent
- MC-170556 - Hoe textures are inconsistent
- MC-170815 - Soul sand valley fossils generate duplicated / stacked
- MC-170833 - Crimson Fungi and Warped Fungi cannot be placed in flower pots
- MC-170835 - Nether large fungi do not kill nylium underneath them
- MC-170842 - Potted plant models still missing bottom due to faulty uv
- MC-170844 - Nether sprouts don’t break without supporting block
- MC-170890 - You can get normal fire on soul soil
- MC-170897 - Fossils in soulsand valleys can be generated in the air
- MC-170904 - When viewed in 3rd person mode, the cape renders incorrectly when sneaking while wearing a chest plate
- MC-170915 - Hoglins have inconsistent texture
- MC-170932 - Cave generator won’t cut through crimson_nylium and warped_nylium, leading to lots of floating nylium
- MC-170954 - Lava spreads blue fire at invalid locations
- MC-170961 - Mining speeds for breaking crimson & warped doors, trapdoors, fences, signs, stairs and slabs aren’t faster with an axe
- MC-170968 - Crimson and Warped trees / fungi replace certain blocks when growing
- MC-170986 - Lava fire spread creates normal fire on soul soil
- MC-171025 - Netherite items aren’t pushed in flowing lava
- MC-171048 - HugeFungiConfiguration has an unused planted field
- MC-171077 - Soul Fire can be setblock on air, while normal Fire can’t
- MC-171245 - Warped and Crimson signs cannot be crafted
- MC-171448 - The top textures of stripped stems don’t match the normal stem top textures
- MC-171491 - Fossils spawn floating in the sky in buffet worlds
- MC-171548 - Soul Soil is not mined quicker with a shovel
- MC-171731 - Huge Fungi Generate on the Lowest Nylium Block
- MC-172084 - Soul Sand and Soul Soil have no sounds
- MC-172090 - Piglins would rather hold a golden item instead of a crossbow
- MC-172096 - Baby hoglins and baby piglins don’t seem to play with each other
- MC-172112 - Hoglin walking sound is subtitled as “Hoglin dies” instead of “Footsteps”
- MC-172151 - Dark oak saplings are called “Jukebox/Note Blocks” in English (United Kingdom)
- MC-172242 - Left handed piglins don’t look at gold ingots in their right hand
- MC-172356 - Piglin admiring held gold ingot drops it when killed
- MC-172363 - Piglins aren’t attracted to certain golden items
- MC-172434 - Baby piglins don’t sound high pitched when zombified
- MC-172486 - Piglins drop two shields when killed while holding one in their offhand
- MC-172516 - Piglin/hoglin become Persistant when within 16 blocks of a player, causing massive lag due to piling up entites
- MC-172580 - Piglin can no longer pick up items when equipped with a shield
Get the snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Adrian Östergård