Minecraft Snapshot 17w49b
A Minecraft Java Edition snapshot for 1.13
This weeks snapshot brings us bug fixes! Lots of bug fixes.
Changes in 17w49a
- Added new data concept: 'tags'
- Lots of bug fixes!
- Tab now also cycles the command suggestions again
- Fixed bug MC-99321 - Hoppers cannot pull items from double chests if second chest is blocked
- Fixed bug MC-121282 - Server icons erased on loading multiplayer menu
- Fixed bug MC-121631 - Taking items from the creative inventory search tab no longer resets search text
- Fixed bug MC-121632 - Pressing "chat" key selects search in creative inventory/recipe book AND types the letter
- Fixed bug MC-121648 - "Difficulty" in settings is untranslated and lowercase
- Fixed bug MC-121665 - Key "None" display string as "key.keyboard.-1"
- Fixed bug MC-121705 - Cursor is offset from actual mouse location when opening GUIs while moving mouse
- Fixed bug MC-121709 - The clickable area to sort the statistics menu are not in the right place
- Fixed bug MC-121714 - Unable to save screenshot of PNG format
- Fixed bug MC-121718 - You can not select the spectator menu
- Fixed bug MC-121808 - Command argument validation for single entity says player in some error messages
- Fixed bug MC-121873 - Dark background missing from beacon GUI
- Fixed bug MC-122148 - No Block, Item, Mob, GUI, or any other texture renders -- No sounds play
- Fixed bug MC-122270 - Pushing blocks with connections doesn't update them
- Fixed bug MC-122295 - Backups folder is created outside of the server directory when using a dedicated server
- Fixed bug MC-122309 - '/gamerule gameLoopFunction' does not tab complete function names
- Fixed bug MC-122314 - All maps created in earlier versions are now the same
- Fixed bug MC-122355 - Crash on breaking banner: java.lang.ClassCastException: arw cannot be cast to aru
- Fixed bug MC-122383 - Pre-existing chests invisible, overlapping
- Fixed bug MC-122395 - Custom player heads are called "block.minecraft.player_headnamed"
- Fixed bug MC-122492 - Debug stick can be used by non-op players
- Fixed bug MC-122521 - Damaged anvil always turns to the North
- Fixed bug MC-122536 - "set_nbt" function in loot table does not merge NBT to item
- Fixed bug MC-122558 - Health criteria scoreboard objectives do not use hearts to display value anymore
- Fixed bug MC-122573 - Crash due to carpet and sticky pistons
- Fixed bug MC-122584 - Incorrect format string order in statistics
- Fixed bug MC-122625 - Order of contents of north- and east-facing double chests changed after update
- Fixed bug MC-122639 - Can't place lily pads on ice
- Fixed bug MC-122643 - Snow, carpet and daylight detectors culling adjacent upper slabs
- Fixed bug MC-122644 - Datapacks cannot replace vanilla crafting recipes.
- Fixed bug MC-122646 - Attempting to add cullface to glass panes does not work
- Fixed bug MC-122650 - Player heads aren't affected by upgrade paths, renamed to "block.minecraft.player_headnamed" + head texture does not show, only when placed
- Fixed bug MC-122718 - Dirt border of "video settings" menu encroaching too far on settings
Changes in 17w49b
- Added tags for functions
- Removed the "game loop" gamerule, now anything tagged in minecraft:tick will run every tick
- Ticking functions now run before the world, not after
- When overriding a tag, you now append instead of replacing
- Fixed bug MC-100579 - Pistons do not account for block updates triggered by blocks broken by the extending piston when placing moved blocks, resulting in duplication issues
- Fixed bug MC-122196 - Language options are blank
- Fixed bug MC-122711 - Piston leave their head behind
- Fixed bug MC-122725 - Unable to duplicate banners in crafting table
- Fixed bug MC-122889 - The name of the chiseled sandstone recipe is cut_sandstone, not chiseled_sandstone
- Fixed bug MC-122910 - New block/item tags don't work in commands
- Fixed bug MC-122914 - The texture of the lava and water is invisible when there is a block above
- Fixed bug MC-122916 - team color commands don't work properly
- Fixed bug MC-122918 - Log crafting recipes produce one plank
- Fixed bug MC-122924 - Wrong crafting recipe output for granite and andesite
- Fixed bug MC-122925 - Opening spectator menu crashes the client
- Fixed bug MC-122931 - Frost walker freezes all water, even if there are mobs in the water
- Fixed bug MC-122935 - hang on 'waiting for chunk' and/or fatal background exceptions when teleporting to new chunks in a busy gameloop
Items & blocks can be "tagged" with an ID, to make testing for things much easier. For example, checking if a block is "wool" with a command needs to actually test for every wool-like block individually. Now you can test if it matches the tag minecraft:wool, instead.
Types of tags
Currently there's block tags and item tags. You use block tags when testing for blocks in the world, and item tags for testing for items (even block-items) in inventories. It may seem like we could just stick with item tags, but not every block has an item!
Inside data packs, you can create a file at data/(namespace)/tags/blocks/foo.json to make a block tag called namespace:foo, which contains a list of blocks that should be tagged with namespace:foo.
A work in progress
There's not many default tags (both item & block have minecraft:planks and minecraft:wool currently, that's it). We're migrating things over to it, still.
Recipes can now refer to a tag instead of an item. This should save a few hundred thousand lines of code, somewhere.
Install the snapshot
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can't fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdow menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
- Nathan Adams
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!