Candy Pack Sweetens Up Pocket / Win 10
Gorge your eyes on the tasty 1.0.3 update
Until someone finally bakes an electric cake that runs Minecraft, this news of the Candy Texture Pack hitting Pocket and Windows 10 Edition is going to be our tastiest announcement ever. Or at least since its arrival on Console Edition. Wouldn't it be sweet if we could get through it without any tortured candy puns? Geddit? Sweet? Well, we tried.
Console players have been exclusively indulging on this colourful pack for a while now. But no more! Starting from today, players of portable versions of Minecraft can download a texture pack that pours a dentist-weepingly high amount of sugar into your game, replacing all the textures with sweet new treats. Jelly Creepers! Starlight Mint Skeletons! Velvet Cake Cows! Entire floors made of cake! It's almost lunchtime! Sorry. Writing about such delicious nonsense is making this candy-starved writer all kinds of hungry. Don't lick the screenshot. Learn from my mistakes.
Minecraft hasn't been this irresistibly delicious since we accidentally poured melted chocolate into our disc drive. Don't ask and enjoy the pack!
Here’s the rest of the 1.0.3 changelog as an amuse-bouche:
- Added Candy texture pack
- Added Dutch localization
- Fixed some spacing when truncating bolded text.
- Tweaked spawn point selection to be “smarter” (e.g. avoid lava).
- Tweaked the textures of flower/mushroom blocks.
- Assorted texture fixes.
- Fixed a crash when a server/Realm would first start.
- Fixed an issue causing servers to blink between online and offline status
- Fixed a Realms crash when a player exits
- Fixed a crash when using some items
- Fixed a server crash when a player entered a mutated biome
- Fixed an issue that caused pressure plates, buttons, and other Redstone items to become stuck
- Fixed an issue with hoppers not ticking the proper order
- Fixed an issue when destroying a door
- Fixed an issue with item duplication
- Fixed an issue allowing a player to incorrectly obtain End Gateway blocks
- Observer block's arrows should now point in the direction of power
- Observer blocks will no longer be placed upside-down
- Fixed an issue where realms members that were not your friends were not being displayed
- Bats should spawn more often!
- Fixed an issue with End Gateway textures on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue where buttons & other redstone devices could get locked when a redstone lamp activated.
- Fixed some rendering geometry which created weird results.
- Tom Stone