Minecraft 1.19.4 Pre-Release 2
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
We are now releasing the second pre-release for Minecraft 1.19.4. This pre-release contains bug fixes, as well as an updated model for the decorated pot.
As a reminder, the pre-release cycle for 1.19.4 will continue to contain mostly bug fixes.
Edit: We've now released 1.19.4 pre-release 3.
Changes in 1.19.4 Pre-release 3
- Potions have had their colors adjusted to make them more distinguishable from each other
- Pressing F3+S will now dump contents of dynamic textures (like atlases, maps, etc.) to screenshots/debug/
- Updated the textures of the Archer Pottery Shard based on community feedback
Fixed bugs in 1.19.4 Pre-release 3
- MC-148458 - Ridable mobs aren’t knocked back upon death
- MC-250486 - Error saving GUI scale option when toggling fullscreen while fullscreen resolution is changed
- MC-258561 - Endermen teleport away instead of taking damage from end crystal, TNT and wither skull explosions
- MC-259666 - Reloading a resource pack that has a custom texture atlas for a second time causes severe FPS lag on the client
- MC-260277 - potted_cherry_sapling and potted_torchflower not part of #flower_pots block tag
- MC-260451 - Inventory character with semi-transparent outer skin layer not rendered correctly when looking right
- MC-260456 - Certain potions are still indistinguishable by color
- MC-260470 - Endermen can’t dodge arrows fired from a dispenser
- MC-260474 - Players and mobs are no longer affected by knockback upon death
- MC-260501 - Cannot delete previous snapshot world in launcher
- MC-260579 - Crash when a guardian deals damage to itself after removing thorns from avoids_guardian_thorns
- MC-260605 - Repeating command block summoning piglins/villagers causes memory usage to constantly increase
- MC-260627 - Dolphins with passengers either accelerate to ludicrous speed or are immobilized completely
- Only mobs in the dismounts_underwater entity tag will now force the rider to dismount when underwater
- Updated the texture for Pink Petals
- Updated textures for the Cherry Door, Cherry Sapling, and Cherry Boat with Chest
- Updated the neck of the Decorated Pot model
- With the former pot we decided to make the pot’s neck clip with blocks, so it would be extra flexible to build with
- However, this had some Z-fighting issues where 2 objects are in the same exact position and cause flickering
- This is prevented with the new and more complex block model
- MC-137552 - Loaded crossbows look unloaded in item frames and when dropped on the ground
- MC-229293 - Casting issue: Broken blocks drop items in the wrong position at high distances
- MC-259208 - Zombie riding chicken or skeleton riding spider not considered controllers by /execute on controller command
- MC-259609 - Tooltips from selected buttons and sliders don’t disappear when expected
- MC-259831 - UI Buttons break certain resource packs as of 23w06a
- MC-259839 - Duplicated “minecraft:freeze” in damage_type tag “bypasses_armor”
- MC-259885 - Upon entering the credits screen while in F1 mode, the Minecraft: Java Edition logo does not display correctly
- MC-259961 - item_display does not take some nbt tags into account
- MC-259979 - Striders and blazes do not take five times the damage when using /damage with freeze type
- MC-260208 - Display entities in spawn chunks with interpolation_duration greater than 0 visually reset to default transformation on rejoin
- MC-260268 - Can’t scroll using arrows in “Telemetry Data Collection” screen
- MC-260324 - Cherry Boat with Chest item texture has a misplaced pixel
- MC-260335 - Clicking with an item that is out of stock in the villager trading menu with sufficient payment will allow purchase of the item regardless
- MC-260364 - Cherry Door inconsistent item texture
- MC-260427 - Button text is visible outside menus
- MC-260434 - There is no “Will be saved in…” text in the new world creation menu
- MC-260436 - Item Tags in 1.19.4-pre1 have extra entries
- MC-260438 - Items are not rendered in the bundle UI
- MC-260443 - Loading a snapshot 23w07a experimental world says it can be opened in “safe mode” and clicking “safe mode” does nothing
- MC-260445 - Player can climb up one block while riding a boat or raft
- MC-260461 - Water mobs cannot be ridden in water
Pre-release are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the Pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Adrian Östergård
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!