Minecraft 1.19.1 Pre-Release 5
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
We are now releasing pre-release 5 for Minecraft 1.19.1. This pre-release includes the remaining fixes for a known exploit regarding player report context and several improvements to chat preview. It also fixes some other crashes and bugs.
Changes in 1.19.1 Pre-release 5
- When writing chat messages, the signing status of the displayed chat messages is shown with a colored indicator
- The indicator will either appear to the left of the chat input field, or to the left of the chat preview if chat preview is being used
- The indicator will be green when the displayed message is signed
- The indicator will be orange when Chat Preview is enabled and a preview is waiting to be signed
- The background of the chat preview will also display slightly faded when a preview is waiting to be signed
- Added “On Send” Chat Preview option for updating chat previews only when attempting to send a message
- To confirm sending a message, a second hit of the Enter/Return key is required
- The previous “ON” setting has been renamed to “On Modified”
- The “On Modified” mode no longer displays previews if the message has not been modified by the server
- Chat Preview is now enabled in singleplayer, and will display when using commands that have selector substitution such as
- Previewed hover events and click events are now highlighted with a solid background
Technical Changes in 1.19.1 Pre-release 5
team_msg_commandchat type has been split apart into
Bugs fixed in 1.19.1 Pre-release 5
- MC-130243 - /debug stop message uses OS locale specific number formatting
- MC-149047 - Scroll Sensitivity slider label uses OS locale for number formatting
- MC-252546 - Poor audio quality compared to 1.18.2
- MC-252702 - Game crashes when trying to launch 1.19 when system is in Arabic, Persian, or adjacent formats
- MC-253223 - “A preposition is incorrectly used within the ““gui.abuseReport.reason.terrorism_or_violent_extremism.description”” string”
- MC-253888 - Messages that servers have tampered with through chat reporting are signed and reportable
- MC-253950 - Sending a chat message too fast after typing it fails to sign the eventual proper chat preview
- MC-253997 - “The current description of ““Imminent harm - Threat to harm others”” report category seems not matching its title”
- MC-254089 - “Chat Preview components allow server to ““hide”” content”
Get the pre-release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Head over to our feedback website or come chat with us about it on the official Minecraft Discord.
- Mikael Hedberg