Minecraft 1.18 Release Candidate 1
A Minecraft Java Release Candidate
We're now releasing the first (and hopefully only) release candidate for Caves & Cliffs: Part II. If there are no major issues following this release, no further changes will be done before the full release.
Edit 1: 1.18 release candidate 2 is now available, which fixes an issue with lava lakes.
Edit 2: A third release candidate is now available.
Edit 3: A fourth release candidate is now available.
Changes in 1.18 Release Candidate 4
- Fixed an issue with the lower distribution of coal ore
Fixed bugs in 1.18 Release Candidate 3
- MC-242859 - Blocks losing the loot inside them after dying
Fixed bugs in 1.18 Release Candidate 2
- MC-242547 - In large caves, the cave generation can’t reach y= -54, not allowing to generate large lava lakes
Technical Changes in 1.18 Release Candidate 1
- Size limit for server resource packs has been increased from 100 MB to 250 MB
Fixed bugs in 1.18 Release Candidate 1
- MC-242708 - Moving through blocks in spectator mode causes a memory leak
Get the Release Candidate
Release candidates are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the release candidate, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Release candidates can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Adrian Östergård