Update Aquatic Phase One is out now!
On Xbox One, Win 10, Mobile, Oculus and Mixed Reality devices!
Xbox One! Windows 10! Mobile! Gear VR, Oculus Rift & Mixed Reality Devices! Why am I yelling about these different Minecraft platforms? I can't remember!
Oh, wait, yes I can - It's because, as of today, Minecraft players on all of these platforms are getting Phase One of the Update Aquatic!
What's 'Phase One'? Think of this as a two-part release, with Phase One containing the first wave of Update Aquatic features. Phase Two, with the remaining features, will be coming soon. Playing Java Edition? You'll be getting the Update Aquatic very soon too.
We've listed all the Update Aquatic features included in Phase One below these snazzy screenshots – and so long as you're playing the new edition of Minecraft, you can access them all today!
FULL LIST OF PHASE ONE FEATURES
- Fish (salmon, cod, pufferfish, tropical fish)
- Bucket of fish
- Coral (coral, coral fans, coral blocks)
- Kelp, Dried Kelp, Kelp Block
- Dolphins (follow boats, get a boost swimming next to them)
- Blue Ice
- Nine Ocean Biomes (frozen, deep frozen, cold, deep cold, lukewarm, deep lukewarm, normal, deep normal, warm)
- Underwater Ravines & caves
- Sea grass
- Sea pickle (w/ illumination! Up to 4 in a block - only light up underwater)
- Treasure chests (in ruins, shipwrecks)
- Treasure Map
- Buried Treasure
- Heart of the Sea in buried treasure chests (non-active)
- Trident enchantment
- Stripped Logs
- Buttons, Trap Doors, Pressure Plates with variation
- Carved Pumpkins
- Floating Items
- Boat Polish (smoother control)
- 8 new achievements
- Water has a completely new look and increased visibility while underwater
- Prismarine Stairs and Slabs
- New swimming animation while sprinting in water
- Minecraft: Education Edition Chemistry features can now be enabled under Cheats! For tips on getting started, check out the Chemistry Lab Journal