Minecraft Snapshot 20w14a
A Minecraft Java Snapshot
Even though we just added every update imaginable to Minecraft, we thought that it might be good to pick up the Nether Update snapshots from where we left off. This snapshot introduces the Zoglins!
New Features in 20w14a
- Hoglins that somehow end up in the overworld become Zoglins fairly quickly – but who would ever bring a Hoglin to the Overworld?
- Compasses can now be enchanted with Curse of Vanishing
- Zoglins are zombified Hoglins – the result of bringing a Hoglin into the Overworld
- Unlike Hoglins they can't be bred or fed, and they don't care about warped fungus
- Beware – these beasts are raving mad and attack just about everything they see!
Changes in 20w14a
- The main menu background is now in the Nether
- The General statistics list is now alphabetically sorted
- Strider balancing
- Strider speed while mounted has been significantly increased to more closely resemble boat speeds
- Warped Fungus on a Stick now has 100 max item damage, and only takes 1 damage per Strider consume
- When Warped Fungus on a Stick is used with Striders, the boost is a great way to traverse the lava sea
Technical Changes in 20w14a
- The compass now has LodestonePos, LodestoneDimension and LodestoneTracked data fields. If LodestoneTracked is zero, the game will skip checking for a Lodestone in the specified position.
- Attributes are now added to game registry, similar to items, sound events, etc.
- Region files are now opened in synchronous mode to increase reliability
Attributes have been moved to game registry. That means few changes:
- Items and entities will no longer keep unknown attributes
- Names of some attributes have been renamed to meet resource location requirements
- generic.maxHealth -> generic.max_health
- zombie.spawnReinforcements -> zombie.spawn_reinforcements
- horse.jumpStrength -> horse.jump_strength
- generic.followRange -> generic.follow_range
- generic.knockbackResistance -> generic.knockback_resistance
- generic.movementSpeed -> generic.movement_speed
- generic.flyingSpeed -> generic.flying_speed
- generic.attackDamage -> generic.attack_damage
- generic.attackKnockback -> generic.attack_knockback
- generic.attackSpeed -> generic.attack_speed
- generic.armorToughness -> generic.armor_toughness
Region files are now opened in synchronous mode to prevent data loss and corruption after crash.
- Dedicated servers can disable that by changing sync-chunk-writes inside server.propeties
Fixed bugs in 20w14a
- MC-83039 - End City chests generate destroyed, items on the ground
- MC-91893 - Missing subtitles for various sounds
- MC-109248 - Extended piston head not removed when /setblock is used to place a different piston base.
- MC-115750 - Advancement “Monster Hunter” (kill_a_mob) is not granted for killing certain hostile mobs
- MC-116756 - Reversed and inconsistent subtitles for iron trapdoor
- MC-124428 - Firework star crashes game if there’s an int array but no colors
- MC-125055 - Igloo generates with brewing stand and flower pot contents dropped (and placed)
- MC-127316 - General statistics out of order
- MC-133049 - Compasses don’t point to the correct location when in an item frame on the ground or on the ceiling
- MC-154427 - Villagers only pick up four stacks of items
- MC-164129 - Ender dragon inner hitboxes are rendered offset by approximately 200 blocks
- MC-164446 - Tags don’t load if one of their values is invalid, causing all data packs to unload
- MC-169975 - Highlight players (spectators) key doesn’t affect any players other than yourself
- MC-171020 - New nether biomes don’t work properly in buffet worlds
- MC-172069 - Piston arms are not deleted when the base of a pulsing piston is replaced with another piston
- MC-173192 - Fluid collision is too high
- MC-173684 - Spawning under the portal when using a nether portal
- MC-173774 - Shulker bullets do not act as a projectile
- MC-173875 - Item frames cannot be interacted with after unloading and reloading the chunk
- MC-174231 - Ocelots are no longer spawning
- MC-174838 - Target detection of fireworks is unreliable
- MC-175201 - Misrotated floor block in savanna_small_house_1, savanna_small_house_2, savanna_small_house_3 and savanna_small_house_7
- MC-175434 - Fireworks launched from upwards-facing dispensers explode inside of the dispenser block
- MC-175985 - Lodestone compass needle doesn’t have an animation
- MC-175990 - Lodestone compass needle spins around quickly when the lodestone has been destroyed or is not in the same dimension
- MC-176052 - Using a compass on a lodestone plays no hand animation
- MC-176195 - Many mountable mobs and vehicles can still be shot by the rider’s arrows
- MC-176231 - Compasses with custom enchantments does not display enchanted glint
- MC-176269 - Right-clicking Lodestone with Compass also uses offhand item
- MC-176420 - Lodestone compass sound is in friendly creatures option
- MC-176644 - Observers don’t trigger when a fence connects to a newly grown tree
Get the snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?