Minecraft Snapshot 21w44a
A Minecraft Java Snapshot
Another snapshot is now available. We've added new world generation below existing chunks, and blocks and fluids are now also part of the simulation distance setting. We also fixed a few bugs.
Keep in mind that we're still working on the world upgrades, so making a backup before upgrading is still a good idea.
New Features in 21w44a
- New world generation is now inserted under existing chunks when upgrading a world to the new world height
- Added an Online options screen where you can now find the Realms Notifications option and Difficulty when on a server
- Added an “Allow Server Listings” option to opt-out of having your name displayed in server listings
Changes in 21w44a
- Sleeping now only resets the weather cycle if it was raining
- Blocks and fluids are now also affected by simulation distance. It might be a good idea to test that the behavior of your redstone contraptions remained the same
- Optimized entity collisions
Technical changes in 21w44a
- Servers can now set property hide-online-players to true in order to not send a player list on status requests
- When JFR profiling is started from an external source, the JFR events for network packets are now aggregated instead of one event per packet
- MC-63340 - Sleeping always resets time until rain
- MC-170551 - Foxes can’t spawn on podzol or coarse dirt
- MC-200494 - In mineshafts, torches can generate attached to blocks other than the wooden supports
- MC-216432 - Mineshafts can generate with light but without any torches
- MC-216561 - Torches not spawning in abandoned mineshafts under y=0
- MC-217038 - Large dripstone structures can be generated outside the caves
- MC-236701 - New mountain biomes don’t count towards “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-236938 - /jfr stop output does not have a link
- MC-237986 - Mobs specific to structures aren’t spawning in their structures
- MC-238062 - Foxes & Wolves don’t spawn in Groves
- MC-238761 - Adventuring Time does not account for the new cave biomes
- MC-238877 - Deep Ocean & Ocean is not needed for the “Adventure Time” advancement
- MC-238900 - Values of ‘Infinity’ in noise settings in default worldgen
- MC-238912 - Powder snow strips can’t generate exposed to the surface
- MC-238962 - Icebergs go all the way to ocean floor.
- MC-238966 - Old Growth Spruce Taiga and Old Growth Birch Forest aren’t part of the “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-238968 - Windswept Gravelly Hills & Windswept Savanna aren’t apart of the “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-239280 - Withers do not move down to follow the player when the wither’s health is half or lower
- MC-239344 - All torches in mineshafts are facing the wrong way
- MC-239359 - Wither Skeletons can only spawn on Nether Bricks
- MC-239689 - The “amplified” boolean in noise settings does nothing
- MC-239854 - Nether and caves world is missing bedrock
- MC-239858 - Nether decorations can be generated on the original bedrock layer
- MC-239866 - Terrain shaper in noise_settings is not used
Get the snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Geschreven door
- Adrian Östergård