Minecraft 1.17 Pre-Release 2
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
It's Monday and it's time for another pre-release! This one fixed a few bugs and crashes.
In case you missed our recent news, we just announced that we're releasing Caves & Cliffs Part I on June 8th. That's soon!
Update: The fifth pre-release for 1.17 is now available, fixing another round of bugs and crashes.
The Caves & Cliffs Preview
Download the latest datapack.
Bugs fixed in 1.17 Pre-release 5
- MC-225707 - Caves and Cliffs Datapacks Server Error
- MC-227065 - Cannot Invoke “na.b(String, int)” because "â˜ƒ is null
- MC-227207 - Datafixer doesn’t properly update certain scoreboard objectives from 1.16 to 1.17
- MC-227208 - Breaking bamboo is excessively laggy since the 1.17 pre-releases
- MC-227232 - Player head SkullOwner tag with username string no longer works
Changes in 1.17 Pre-release 4
- Holding down control while holding down space now makes the credits scroll even faster
Fixed bugs in 1.17 Pre-release 4
- MC-223552 - Credits not alphabetically ordered
- MC-226690 - In the credits, “EXPERIS” is in all capital letters for two employees
- MC-226692 - In the credits, a closing parenthesis is missing for Brian Canning
- MC-226693 - The credits say “Wed Developers” instead of “Web Developers” in one place
- MC-226696 - In the credits, “TEN GUN DESIGN INC” is in all capital letters for one employee
- MC-226700 - Some people are listed twice in the credits
- MC-226702 - The usage and punctuation of “Inc.” and “LLC” are inconsistent in the credits
- MC-226762 - Credits Text Wrapping
- MC-226777 - When a crossbow is loaded in the offhand, you cannot see it or shoot with it if an item is held in the main hand
- MC-227003 - Game crashed whilst debug profiling
- MC-227058 - Any hostility between animals is removed in peaceful
- MC-227092 - Experimental Settings confirmation prompt appears when creating any world in 1.17-pre3
- MC-227107 - C418 is removed from Composers in credits.json
Changes in 1.17 Pre-release 3
- Tweaked the textures of lit candles
- Mobs rammed by goats will no longer retaliate
- Axolotls and Glow Squids now only spawn in total darkness and where there's a natural stone block less than 5 blocks below the spawning space
Fixed bugs in 1.17 Pre-release 3
- MC-203773 - Lightning rod is floating when held in third-person
- MC-215946 - Game fatally crashed while exploring chunks (IllegalStateException: Accessing PalettedContainer from multiple threads)
- MC-222223 - Baby axolotls despawn
- MC-223147 - Vines aren’t rendered with /setblock
- MC-223227 - Floating water caves in caves under the ocean
- MC-224893 - Replacing Chunk Futures causes several issues
- MC-225077 - Vines can spread upward to non-full blocks
- MC-225344 - Cave generation seems to be broken at seemingly random chunk borders
- MC-226441 - Lit candle texture doesn’t change when on cake
- MC-226514 - Crash trying to start a world: Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read field “u” because “â˜ƒ” is null
- MC-226660 - “Double closing program” warnings upon closing the game
- MC-226874 - Player’s owned player_head on mobs are flashing
- MC-226956 - Gravity blocks do not break when doEntityDrops is set to false
- MC-226970 - Stars are occluded by render fog
- MC-227018 - Changing or reloading resource packs does not reload core shaders until reloading a second time
Fixed bugs in 1.17 Pre-release 2
- MC-68129 - Smooth lighting doesn’t work properly underwater
- MC-196298 - Arrows fired into the side of bamboo or pointed dripstone never despawn
- MC-205840 - Smooth lighting behaves oddly on blocks covered with tinted glass
- MC-213767 - Flowering azalea leaves ID is unintuitive
- MC-220698 - The ExplosionPower of ghast fireballs is uncapped, causing a freeze / crash
- MC-223602 - Glowing translucent entities often don’t merge their outlines with other glowing entities
- MC-225190 - Tnt can be pushed with enchanted sword with knockback
- MC-225911 - Slimes and Magma Cubes not interacting with player
- MC-226470 - Nether Fossils generate on the nether roof above bedrock in soul sand valleys
- MC-226561 - Facing away from signs with glowing text makes the text disappear or z-fight
- MC-226576 - Unknown CPU on Debug menu.
- MC-226782 - /debug start does not work as described
Get the pre-release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Head over to our feedback website or come chat with us about it on the official Minecraft Discord.
- Geschreven door
- Adrian Östergård