Minecraft snapshot 17w15a
One step closer to 1.12!
It's almost easter, so we've hidden a snapshot in the launcher! It's not very well hidden, admittedly, it's right there for you to just hit "play". We tried. <3
Changes in snapshot 17w15a
- Added descriptions to advancements & changed some titles. It's not entirely final, but we're getting there!
- Added colored beds! You can craft them with coloured wool or dying a white bed
- Players shouldn't be getting kicked from servers randomly now, and both recipe book & advancements should work fine in multiplayer
- The recipe book is a lot more stable, hopefully no longer duplicating items
- Added a toast notification for toggling the narrator
- Added the option to toggle narrator between: off, chat & system, chat only, system messages only
- Made stairs a little more solid, allowing torches, fences, glass panes, walls & snow to connect to them properly
- Reintroduced the book recipe. Sorry about that!
- Made the "recipe unlocked" toast show which items were unlocked, and appear when you've actually unlocked new recipes
- Fixed MC-2813 - Snow doesn't form / cannot be placed on upside down slabs / stairs
- Fixed MC-8345 - Placing torch on backside of stairs impossible
- Fixed MC-9176 - Glass panes not correctly rendering with the back of stairs
- Fixed MC-109663 - Tamed dogs attack tamed cats
- Fixed MC-114889 - Parrots on shoulders disappear when flying up in creative or spectator mode
- Fixed MC-114899 - Recipes removed on gamemode 2
- Fixed MC-114907 - Parrots in flight tend to spin around in circles rather than fly in a direction
- Fixed MC-114950 - Book crafting recipe doesn't exist in the newest snapshot
- Fixed MC-114961 - Multiplayer players get kicked on pickup first item for advancement
- Fixed MC-114974 - Clicking on crafting recipe in Spectator mode moves items to crafting grid
- Fixed MC-114991 - Crafting recipe list shows 1/0 pages when no recipes were unlocked
- Fixed MC-115025 - Clicking on recipe or on book to close crafting help additionally clicks in inventory
- Fixed MC-115048 - Parrots sitting on shoulders don't drown in water or burn in lava / Parrots shouldn't go diving
- Fixed MC-115050 - Statistics page never loads
- Fixed MC-115064 - Custom advancements in world folder use the "minecraft" namespace instead of folder name
- Fixed MC-115070 - Issue with crafting table UI on non-16:9 instances
- Fixed MC-115121 - Credits are not shown when leaving end for the first time but after that are always shown
- Fixed MC-115148 - F3 + T does not reload advancements but does reload loot tables
- Fixed MC-115157 - No advancements on server
- Fixed MC-115159 - Repeated key events are not enabled for crafting search
- Fixed MC-115182 - Parrots become invisible when on a players shoulder while player swims up.
- Fixed MC-115184 - Parrot imitations show up on subtitles as original sound
- Fixed MC-115277 - Your tamed wolf will attack your tamed parrot
- Fixed MC-115323 - Parrots spawn rarely in Jungle
- Fixed MC-115361 - doLimitedCrafting set to 'true' disables ability to combine used tools
- Fixed MC-115423 - Duplicate bug in "Click and hold for more" menu + text message bug
- Fixed MC-115426 - Background doesn't become darker in most GUIs
- Fixed MC-115427 - Tool info not showing up in most GUIs
- Fixed MC-115436 - Item duplication using recipe book
- Fixed MC-115444 - "Obtain Armor" and "Shiny Gear" advancement notification at each piece of armor.
- Fixed MC-115462 - Can craft "incomplete" recipe using alternate ingredients
- Fixed MC-115465 - Items can be dropped if you click while hovering over recipe interface
- Fixed MC-115466 - 17w14a doLimitedCrafting(true) Crafting Based duplication
- Fixed MC-115469 - Parrots do not appear dancing for other players
- Fixed MC-115470 - Parrots go to players' shoulders in spectator mode
- Fixed MC-115474 - Taken recipes are still available until player relogs
- Fixed MC-115481 - 17w14a STDOUT spam when hurting/killing mobs
- Fixed MC-115504 - Recipe book does not correctly render character
- Fixed MC-115508 - Parrots on your shoulder look darker if many items in your inventory
- Added some new bugs!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdow menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
- Nathan Adams