Minecraft 1.17.1 Pre-Release 2
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
The second pre-release for 1.17.1 is now available in your launcher. This pre-release fixes a few more bugs.
Update: We've now released 1.17.1 pre-release 3.
The Caves & Cliffs Preview
Download the updated datapack.
Fixed bugs in 1.17.1 Pre-release 3
- MC-222731 - Captured axolotl constantly tries to leave water
- MC-224894 - Light tickets are released too early
- MC-228802 - Chunks not loading on a server / Cannot invoke “cmq.a(int, int, int)” because “☃” is null
- MC-228858 - Axolotls despawning though named and on leashes.
- MC-229246 - Piglins and piglin brutes no longer call other piglins after attacking one of them behind walls
- MC-229475 - Placing a small dripleaf results in the top half of water getting deleted
- MC-229887 - “Unable to create a jar-filesystem” warning logged upon starting the game
Technical changes in 1.17.1 Pre-release 2
- Deaths of named mobs are now logged
Fixed bugs in 1.17.1 Pre-release 2
- MC-219290 - Calcite is too quiet compared to other blocks
- MC-221656 - Creative mode obtained Bucket of Axolotl/Tropical Fish only spawns one kind axolotl/tropical fish
- MC-226926 - Emerald ore generates too often
- MC-228599 - Attempting to walk through flowing water constantly switches the player from swimming into normal mode
- MC-229191 - Diamond ore distribution changed between 1.16.5 and 1.17
- MC-229441 - You can steal the item a villager is holding for trade by killing it
- MC-229614 - Wandering Trader obtained tropical fish are only white kob
- MC-229983 - /clear command doesn’t clear certain stacks after dropping items from them
Get the pre-release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Head over to our feedback website or come chat with us about it on the official Minecraft Discord.
- Adrian Östergård