Minecraft 1.19.1 Pre-Release 2
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
Hey everyone! As a few of you might have noticed, we’ve made the decision to postpone the release of 1.19.1 and we're now going back into pre-release mode. This is in order to address a few of our more noticeable issues. We've yet to fully decide on a new release date, but it won't be too far in the future.
We’ve received a lot of feedback regarding the Player Chat Report feature, which is something we address specifically in a newly released post here, as well as in our FAQ which hopefully answers all your questions!
We've added the ability to see the signing status of chat messages – this is so you can easily tell when a server is tampering with, or removing the signing security of, their players' messages.
Chat Trust Status
- Messages that are not signed with the Secure Chat system, or have been tampered with by the server will now be marked
- Messages with missing or invalid signatures are marked as “Not Secure”
- Messages that are detected as modified are marked as “Modified”
- The trust status of messages are displayed with both a colored indicator and an icon
- The colored indicator is always visible
- The icon is only visible when the chat screen is open
- Hovering over the icon will provide more information about the trust status
- For modified messages, the original secure text will also be displayed in the tooltip
- Chat types added to the chat_types registry are now only used for player chat, and not system messages
- The system and game_info chat types have been removed
- Chat types have been simplified and are now only required to define chat and narration decorations
- Chat types no longer support overlays
- A system message should instead be used to display overlays
- enforce-secure-profile is now defaulted to true for dedicated servers
- MC-253112 - The game output console is logged with warnings regarding chat packets with invalid signatures when using entity selectors within commands
- MC-253121 - Entities and other non-player chat message sources appear as players on the Select Chat Messages to Report screen
- MC-253493 - The descriptions of report categories can once again overlap the “Description:” subtitle
- MC-253495 - Selection boxes of fields within the “Select Report Category” menu list don’t contain white outlines when selected using the TAB key
- MC-253497 - Entities and other non-player chat message sources appear in the Social Interactions menu
- MC-253501 - Long messages within the “Select Chat Messages to Report” menu can extend beyond selection boxes and past the scroll bar
- MC-253517 - Online players cannot connect to offline server because “invalid profile public key signature”
Get the pre-release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Écrit par
- Adrian Östergård