Minecraft Snapshot 18w14b
A Minecraft Java Edition snapshot
Happy snapshot day everybody! We've mostly recovered from GDC and are now back to work, full steam ahead!
Changes in 18w14a
- New item: Phantom Membrane
- New potion: Potion of Slow Falling
- Added 4 new advancements
- New Kelp textures
- Changed generation rules for kelp and seagrass
- New Riptide behaviours for tridents
- Optimized cloud rendering some more
Changes in 18w14b
- New blocks: sea pickles!
- Renamed coral blocks (See below for details)
- New coral fan textures
- Destroying waterlogged blocks will only destroy the block, not the water
- Fixed a bunch of bugs! (listed below)
- Elytra now requires Phantom Membrane to be repaired
- Phantoms now drop Phantom Membrane instead of leather
- Can be crafted into a super spooky Slow Falling potion
We're making progress!
- Fishy Business: Catch a fish
- Tactical fishing: Catch a fish... without a fishing rod!
- A Throwaway Joke: Throw a trident at something. Note: throwing away your only weapon is not a good idea.
- Very Very Frightening: Strike a Villager with lightning
- More to come!
- No longer compatible with Loyalty or Channeling
- If riptide won't work (such as being on land, nice and dry) you can't attack with the trident at all
- Riptide will not throw the trident, but instead launch you forwards with the trident
- Looks neat!
Hopefully the last time they get renamed!
- All full blocks of coral are now called "coral block"
- Coral plants are now called "coral"
- "blue" coral is now called "tube" coral
- "pink" coral is now called "brain" coral
- "purple" coral is now called "bubble" coral
- "red" coral is now called "fire" coral
- "yellow" coral is now called "horn" coral
- For example, "blue coral" is now "tube coral block"
- For example, "purple coral plant" is now "bubble coral"
What to call them? It's really quite a pickle.
- Generate either by themselves in warm oceans, or with coral
- Up to 4 pickles can be placed in a block
- Emits light depending on how many pickles there are per block
- Can be smelted down into green dye
Fixed bugs in 18w14b
- MC-121715 - "Create new world" screen shows an alias command (xp)
- MC-124923 - Smelting a cactus to produce cactus green doesn't work
- MC-126957 - Certain blocks remove water when placed in it, even if "waterloggable"
- MC-127242 - Drowned causes crashes (ticking entity)
- MC-127911 - F3 does not work
- MC-127915 - Levitation has been replaced by slow falling
- MC-127916 - Trident with riptide enchantment disappears when thrown in survival
- MC-127924 - Slow falling is considered a negative effect
- MC-127960 - Description of "A Throwaway Joke" advancement has capitalization mistake
- MC-127973 - "A Furious Cocktail" and "How Did We Get Here" advancements not updated
Get the snapshot
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Launch Options" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
- Écrit par
- Nathan Adams