Minecraft 1.18 Pre-Release 6
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
The sixth pre-release for 1.18 is now available. This pre-releases squashes some more bugs. Additionally, we now save the game more often, similar how to you should remember to save backups more often.
Edit: We're now releasing the seventh pre-release for Minecraft 1.18, fixing more critical issues and tweaking cave biome features a bit further.
Edit: Pre-release 8 for Minecraft 1.18 is now available which contains more fixes for crashes and bugs.
Fixed bugs in 1.18 Pre-release 8
- MC-227537 - Crash: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “it.unimi.dsi.fastutil.objects.ObjectSet.remove(Object)” because “$$4” is null
- MC-230866 - Eating whilst traveling through a Nether portal prints error in game log
- MC-236783 - Parity Issue: Ravagers still attack baby villagers in Java Edition
- MC-241991 - Game freezes without crash logs when upgrading from 1.12.2 to 1.18 pre-5
- MC-242375 - Cats no longer scare phantoms away
- MC-242647 - Crash after respawning
Changes in 1.18 Pre-release 7
- The numbers of features in cave biomes have been increased somewhat again
- MC-218592 - Azalea trees can generate in more than two blocks of water
- MC-241277 - Server can’t generate amplified/large biomes worlds from scratch
- MC-241327 - Render Distance 13 at the world border causes excessive lag
- MC-242068 - Dirt part of the Dirt Path texture is one pixel too low
- MC-242546 - When optimizing 1.17 world in 1.18, old “Level” Compound is not deleted, resulting in increased world size
Changes in 1.18 Pre-release 6
- The numbers of features in cave biomes have been tweaked
- The game now saves chunks whenever there is time spare to reduce autosave spikes
- MC-236947 - Signature attribute is stripped from java records
- MC-238930 - Soul Sand and Soul Soil generate below the nether ceiling
- MC-238959 - Falling block placing at Y=1 changes into dropped item when landing on Y=0
- MC-239880 - Some chunks have missing blocks below 0
- MC-239900 - Upgrading custom world to 21w43a ignores min_y and height
- MC-241263 - Off-heap memory leak
- MC-241409 - Game crashes when terrain shaper data is missing
- MC-241630 - Temperatures don’t properly get converted
- MC-241767 - Breaking a vine or ladder block while the player is climbing it while sneaking allows the player to hover in place indefinetly
- MC-241820 - Ocean Monuments upgraded from previous versions appears to have the bounding box shifted to chunk borders north and west
- MC-241830 - Windswept savannas in amplified worlds have the incorrect surface blocks
- MC-241941 - Nether bedrock roof can generate exposed
- MC-242016 - Dripstone doesn’t generate at high y values
- MC-242022 - Game crashes when loading new chunks (Exception generating new chunk, caused by ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 268435455 out of bounds for length 32)
- MC-242479 - Pointed dripstone makes holes in lava pools
Get the pre-release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Écrit par
- Adrian Östergård