Minecraft Snapshot 21w42a
A Minecraft Java Snapshot
It's time for a musical snapshot! We're now introducing new music for Caves & Cliffs: Part II. This time around we have a bunch of new tracks composed by the talented Lena Raine and Kumi Tanioka. These tracks are also available on Spotify for you to listen to, and they will soon be available on other services such as Apple Music and YouTube as well.
This snapshot also includes a few additional tweaks, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
We still highly recommend backing up your world before loading it in this snapshot.
New Features in 21w42a
- New music has been added to the game
- Added world autosave indicator for single-player worlds
- Added new music by Lena Raine and Kumi Tanioka to the Overworld (when playing in survival mode) and to the main menu
- Added a new music disc from Lena Raine titled ‘Otherside’. This can be found on rare occasions in Stronghold corridor chests or much more rarely in Dungeon chests.
Changes in 21w42a
- World spawn selection algorithm has been reworked, now spawns player according to climate parameters
- World generation tweaks
- Lava springs can generate in mountains and snowy terrain
- Water springs don’t generate higher than y 192, and are slightly less common
- Badlands gold generates higher up
Technical changes in 21w42a
- Replaced light and barrier particles with block_marker
- Renders with texture declared in particle slot for model assigned to configured block state
- Summoned with same syntax as block particle (i.e. block_marker wheat[age=2])
Fixed bugs in 21w42a
- MC-129912 - Player no longer spawned at highest level at world spawn
- MC-132347 - Spawning inside icebergs
- MC-214288 - Player does not spawn on the surface of the world when min_y is greater than 0
- MC-233771 - Parity issue: Light blocks do not display their light level when shown via a held light block item
- MC-236837 - The player can occasionally spawn underground when loading into a new world
- MC-238582 - Beaches generate between desert and ocean
- MC-238900 - Values of ‘Infinity’ in noise settings in default worldgen
Get the snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Head over to our feedback website or come chat with us about it on the official Minecraft Discord.
- Skrevet af
- Adrian Östergård