Minecraft 1.20 Pre-Release 5
A Minecraft Java Pre-Release
Summer is around the corner here at the office, and what better time to stay inside and try out the new pre-release?!
Happy crafting, you wonderful people!
Edit: The sixth pre-release of the 1.20 update is here, yet again containing more bug fixes.
Technical Changes in 1.20 Pre-release 6
- "item": "minecraft:air" can no longer be used in datapack recipes
- Ingredients in array form are now also allowed in smithing_trim and smithing_transform recipes on fields template, base and addition
- Those fields also allow empty arrays, which signalize that slot needs to be left empty
The ID of the random sequence is now an optional field. If no sequence name is given, loot is drawn using a non-deterministic random source.
Fixed bugs in 1.20 Pre-release 6
- MC-237042 - Killing players in the sneaking state that have their sneak option set to "Toggle" in their accessibility settings, results in other players not being able to see them in this state when they respawn
- MC-241326 - Thomas Guimbretière's name is listed twice and misspelt in the credits
- MC-260411 - Re-summoned dragons don't spawn end gateways when exiting the world before killing the dragon
- MC-262340 - Iron Golems can spawn on transparent blocks
- MC-262575 - Company names are still inconsistent in the credits
Library version updates in 1.20 Pre-release 5
- uniform font has been updated to use Unifont 15.0.03 (was 15.0.01 last pre-release)
Fixed bugs in 1.20 Pre-release 5
- MC-120158 - Anvils and other falling_blocks with HurtEntities set to true kill items and xp orbs
- MC-261294 - Jack o'lantern can be placed on the player or armor stand head without commands and without appearing the blur
- MC-262334 - Item display entities have wrong lighting when they're rotated
- MC-262504 - Recipes for colored wool, carpets, and beds in the recipe book are not grouped
- MC-262513 - Blocks placed in the spot of a previously broken block will display the first frame of the breaking animation until updated
- MC-262514 - Unbreakable blocks display the first breaking animation frame when attempting to mine them
- MC-262690 - The player can still jump from the edge of the honey block
- MC-262730 - Biomes being partially overwritten / regenerated in 1.20pre2 inside old world
- MC-262773 - Markers, interaction, and display entities prevent weighted pressure plates from deactivating
- MC-262778 - Losing control of a ridden mob with levitation and then re-gaining control causes levitation to persist indefinitely
- MC-262797 - Book model not rendering in Enchanting Table GUI
- MC-262801 - Z-fighting occurs on trimmed enchanted armor in the inventory
Get the Pre-Release
Pre-Release are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the Pre-Release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Skrevet af
- Java Team
Discover the best add-ons, mods, and more being built by the incredible Minecraft community!